Many things to cover today. First of all, thanks for all the lovely comments on yesterday’s puppy posting! Despite her squeaking, sometimes this puppy of mine can be pretty stinking adorable :)
Like the tulip photo I posted last week, today’s photo comes from another driving-home double-take. I noticed the fantastic sunset in my rear-view mirror, turned around, and drove off to an almost-cool looking overlook I pass every day on my way to work and shot away. Sunsets make me a happy person — even with the electrical wires in the photo. It kind of helps to date the photo in the big scheme of the universe, right? These wires are such a strange, recent, and uniquely man-made phenomenon, after all. (Or am I the only one who thinks about these things?)
And since we’re talking about the sky, sunsets, happiness, and sunshine, I would like to send out a wonderful and heartfelt Thank You to both Letizia at Dutchgoesitalian and The CameraMan at The Silent Discourse for nominating me for the Sunshine Blog Award! I’m touched for the recognition and thrilled to be the recipient of such a happy sounding award! You guys are great!
The Sunshine Award has some rules:
- Include the award’s logo on your blog.
- Answer some questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers for this award.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link to the person who nominated you.
For this one, I’m going to play along, answer some questions, and nominate a few other bloggers, deal? Let’s spread the blogging love and positivity!
1. What is your favorite color? Olive green (Not to be confused with green olives, and not to be found on anything larger than a blender)
2. What is your favorite animal? I’m a puppy person :)
3. What is your favorite number? 56
4. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Hazelnut mocha! — like Nutella and coffee all in one — yum!
5. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Most forms of social media annoy me in some way or another, says the blogger…
6. What is your passion? Smiling, traveling, and recognizing beautiful moments. Also educational reform. And photography’s ok, too.
7. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Both!
8. What is your favorite pattern? Seasons, and the foods that go with them. Words can’t describe how excited I am for strawberries to start coming up!
9. What is your favorite day of the week? Thursday – It’s almost friday, and then it’s almost the weekend!
10. What is your favorite flower? Silly question. Lilies, Orchids, Magnolias, Tulips, shall I go on?
And of course, here are some of my favorite long-time blog reads that bring a little bit of sunshine and happiness into my life daily, in no particular order:
Check them out! These people are doing amazing things!